The De’Longhi Magnifica ESAM 3300 coffee machine features a one-of a-kind beans-to-brew system, which uses freshly ground coffee for every cup. It can prepare an aromatic espresso, a lip-smacking cappuccino, a full-bodied latte and more. The excellent heat distribution in the ESAM 3300 coupled with its instant reheat function makes it possible to maintain optimal temperature and deliver consistency with every cup of coffee. It’s the perfect coffee machine for everyone, those who prefer coffee beans and those who prefer ground coffee. This coffee machine is also equipped with a patented cappuccino system. This brief De’Longhi Magnifica review will throw light on its features and specifications. As part of the De’Longhi Magnifica review, we will also take a look at the positives and negatives of this coffee machine.
De’Longhi is a well-known Italian small domestic appliances manufacturer. It has been around for over a hundred years now. It was founded in 1902 as a family business and was eventually incorporated in 1950. While initially the company was primarily focused on portable heaters and air conditioners, it has now expanded into most home appliances categories. The De’Longhi brand name is especially known for its espresso machines, gelato makers and portable air conditioners. Design is one of the key elements of every De’Longhi product, besides the technological advances. In fact, the company won the prestigious Red Dot Design Award in 2007 for it’s line of kitchen appliances. Over the years, De’Longhi has acquired a number of its competitors around the world, including the British appliance maker Kenwood and the Braun small appliances brand from Procter & Gamble. The major strides made by the company in the small appliances and home appliances segment has meant that a set of expectations have become intertwined with the De’Longhi brand name. Let’s see if the Magnifica ESAM 3300 matches up to those expectations.
The burr grinder in the De’Longhi Magnifica has 13 adjustable grind settings. As mentioned earlier, the coffee beans are freshly ground for each cup of coffee to ensure that the quality of aroma delivered is equal each time. You have the option of using pre-ground coffee as well. There’s a second chamber in which you can store pre-ground regular, specialty or decaf coffee. The capacity of the beans container is 8.8 ounces, while the pre-ground coffee container can hold up to 14 cups. However, do keep in mind that if the pre-ground coffee isn't used up within 72 hours, you should replace it with fresh stock. Note that De'Longhi recommends the use of medium roast coffee beans with low visible oil footprint for the best performance of its grinder.
This coffee machine is equipped with a manual frother that enables you to customize how steam and milk are mixed to create the right level of creaminess and texture. You can alter it as required to match the preferences of your guests and yourself.
Easy to Use Control Panel
The control panel is made up of both rotary and push button systems. The menu settings are programmable and can be adjusted via the control panel. The control panel contains the on/off switch and the controls to the cappuccino system. The controls for adjusting water levels, amount of coffee, etc. are also on this panel. There's a water level indicator and an electronic coffee and steam thermostat as well. You can access auto programs for rinsing and decalcification from the control panel.
Easy to Handle Brewing Unit
The beans container and the water container, which make up the brewing unit along with the grinder, are both extractable. This means you don’t have to move the coffee machine at all to either clean it or to refill. Plus, the brewing unit automatically adjusts itself to deliver one or two shots of espresso, as required.
The specialized cappuccino system in this coffee machine is equipped with a 180-degree rotating feature that enables you to fit a milk container of any size. The spigot is height adjustable as well, while the cup tray pre-warms the cups.
- 1,150W power
- 110/120V voltage
- 50/60Hz frequency
- 60 ounces or 1.8 litre water container capacity
- Dimensions 17 inches x 13 inches x 18 inches
- It's possible to set specific grinding levels on the automatic grinder.
- You can use cups as tall as 4.25 inches.
- There are a total of four coffee options, including espresso, cappuccino, latte and Americano. In terms of one touch recipes, there are only two options, single espresso and double espresso.
- The De'Longhi Magnifica automatically shuts down if it's idle for 3 hours to save energy.
- Unlike some other coffee machines, you don't have to use chemical tablets every month to keep the De'Longhi Magnifica clean.
- The stainless-steel dual boilers in this coffee machine are removal, which makes it really easy to clean the inside of the machine.
- De'Longhi has a specialized call center for customers to help them with any issues related to setting up the coffee machine, maintenance, etc. They can even help you select the right coffee beans for the machine. Just call 1-800-945-0929.
- Sometimes ground coffee may get stuck in funnel, which will have to be cleaned and unblocked. Plus, the infuser needs to be manually cleaned.
- This isn't the machine for brewing super hot cup of coffee. In Europe, espresso is consumed at a milder temperature and that's what this machine is set for.
As this De’Longhi Magnifica review has illustrated, this espresso and cappuccino machine can be an excellent addition to your home cafe. It’s packed with features and the price isn’t excessively high either. One of the highlights is that you get freshly ground coffee each time you brew a cup with this machine. The consistency is truly remarkable. You also get a chance to manually customize your cappuccino. However, you don’t have to be a tech guru to operate the De’Longhi Magnifica, which means everyone at home can use it.